Angela and Tim are a gorgeous couple from Columbus, OH, who chose to elope in Maui back in October of 2017. We were honored to have them stay at our MB1 home and share this special time in their lives with us!
Their beautiful wedding photos were captured locally by the adventurous Meg Bradyhouse of Bradyhouse Photographers.
They were married by Maui Ceremonies at Makena Cove (aka Secret Beach) in South Maui.
Angela is a photographer back in Ohio, so it’s easy to see her talents even while on vacation.
Let’s kick things off with an overview of their itinerary!
ANGELA & TIM’S MAUI ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive, explore, and scope out the wedding location!
- Upon arriving, Angela and Time headed to the market, checked out the beach, and the local shops nearby. Then they, of course, had to scope out their wedding spot!
Day 2: Headed to the Banyan Tree in Lahaina
- On their 2nd day in Maui, they went to the Banyan Tree, got shaved ice for the first time, and walked around the shops.
Day 3: Iao Valley and some R&R
- On day 3, Angela & Tim spent some time relaxing, enjoying a leisurely breakfast on the lanai, followed with swimming at the Royal Mauian pool.
- They then headed off to explore the lush Iao Valley, located in Central Maui. This is home to one of Maui’s most recognizable landmarks, the 1,200-foot Iao Needle.
Day 4: Day Trip & Fatt Chicks Burgers
- After a chill day 3, they spent the day driving around the island, exploring the scenic routes along the Road to Hana, and stumbling across Fatt Chicks Burgers.
Day 5: Zip Lining & Pa’ia
- Now in full vacation mode, it was time for a little adventure! Zip lining was a perfect thrill.
- After an exhilarating morning, Angela & Tim headed to explore Pa’ia, a charming historic plantation town.
DAY 6: Luau at Lahaina
- On the day before their wedding, they spent it celebrating and feasting at a Hawaiian Luau in Lahaina.
Day 7: Get Married!
- This was the big day! Angela and Tim were married at Makena Cove and continued celebrating that evening with dinner at The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea.
Day 8: Sailing on the Ali’i Nui
- The newlyweds spent their first day officially married sailing on the Ali’i Nui around Maui. How romantic!
Day 9: Beach Day
- After all the activity and celebration, it was time for more R&R! They spent the day on one of Maui’s perfect beaches and swimming with the turtles in front of their Maui Beachside home away from home.
Day 10: Haleakala Crater
- Angela and Tim spent their final day with a can’t miss adventure in Maui, the Haleakala Crater!
- For more not-to-be-missed Maui activities, check out The Best of Maui (Our Big, Top 5 List!)
Day 11: Depart & travel back to Ohio as the Mr. & Mrs.
Here are a few of their Maui favorites, too!
Angela and Tim’s Maui Favorites
Favorite Maui Activity:
Angela & Tim: It’s hard to pick, but besides getting married, probably Haleakala Crater!
Favorite Maui Food + Drink:
Angela & Tim: Hands down at the restaurant at Hotel Wailea. We ate there on our wedding night, just the two of us, and it was incredible, plus amazing service! For casual dining, we loved Fat Daddy’s!
Best Maui Souvenir:
Angela & Tim: All of our photos and a glass from Fat Daddy’s.
Where They Stayed:
Here’s what else they had to say about MB1:
“The BEST room in Maui!“
“Stacey was unbelievable to work with. [She was] always checking in with us and even getting us excited about our stay! We got married while we were in Maui and even though we checked out fancy hotels to stay at, we weren’t jealous because we had the best view and accommodations! If you want to feel like you’re at your very own vacation home, stay here!”
“The perfect oceanfront oasis for two!“
“If you’re looking for an amazing place to stay with your sweetheart that won’t cost as much as the fancy hotels but have better views, better amenities, and free parking, this is your place! The unit had great AC and the perfect amount of space to feel like we were home away from home. Stacey, the owner, is amazing to work with and is by far one of the most professional and caring owners I have booked with. We were staying for our honeymoon/elopement and we were not one time jealous of the hotels, this place was quiet, fully accommodated, renovated, and centrally located between destinations. BOOK NOW before you can’t!!”
Do you have dreams of a beachy Maui weddingmoon? Are you interested in being featured as a Maui Beachside Guest Spotlight? Contact me at email@example.com . I’d love to hear about your trip and feature you on the MB blog!